– This category of visa is issued to applicants who wish to visit Thailand for a volunteer to work in a non-government organization in Thailand; 2. O Volunteer Visa Conditions. – The O Volunteer Visa is valid for a single entry for medical-related purposes only.
How does a volunteer visa work?
Foreigners who want to engage in a charitable or voluntary activity in Thailand need to have a valid Non-Immigrant O visa. … The holder of a Non-Immigrant O visa is granted with an initial period of stay not exceeding 90 days unless otherwise instructed by the Office of Immigration Bureau.
How do I get a Thai volunteer visa?
Required documents :
- Actual Passport or Travel Document. …
- Passport-size photographs (2″x2″) …
- Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand. …
- Recent bank statement. …
- Official letter certifying the purpose of duties and period of time from the organisation.
- The organisation’s registration certificate.
How much is a volunteer visa Thailand?
34,500 BHT application fee balance. 6 passport photos: 4 cm x 6 cm. 6 passport photos: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
What type of visa is a volunteer visa?
Therefore, to formally volunteer for a longer period in Thailand, you must apply for a Non-Immigrant O Volunteer Visa. Holders of this type of visa will get a permission to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.
How long is volunteer visa in Thailand?
– The O Volunteer Visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 90-day period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
Do I need a visa to volunteer in Thailand?
Most volunteers participating in a short-term volunteer travel experience in Thailand can enter the country on a 30 days tourist visa which is available to the majority of nationalities on arrival at the airport itself. It is also possible to attain a 60 days tourist visa prior to the arrival in Thailand.
Can you volunteer without a work visa?
Volunteering. You do not need a work permit to volunteer in the U.S. However, there are rules concerning volunteering in the country. Volunteering means donating your time with an organization primarily set up to provide charitable or humanitarian deeds without any form of compensation or remuneration.
How long does it take to get a volunteer visa?
Q) How long can I get the Volunteer Visa for? Up to 3 years you can reapply for the Visa without leaving the country.
How long can you stay in Thailand without a visa?
Passport Holders Who Can Enter Thailand Without a Visa
They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries.
How long does it take to get a Thailand visa?
Some promise to have it processed within 2 working days, while others may take longer. However, you should expect to wait for about 5 -10 working days for your Thai visa to be processed, starting from the time that the embassy/consulate receives your complete application.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
One Year Non-Immigrant Visa
This visa is often a Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand valid for use for a period of 1 year. You are allowed to stay 90 days per entry which means, every 90 days, you will have to go to border and have your visa stamped at the immigration (visa run).
How many types of visa in Thailand?
Obtaining a visa for Thailand
The Ministry of the Interior issued ministerial laws defining 9 types of visa, some of which are issued only to holders of diplomatic or official passports, while others are issued to persons wishing to enter and temporarily stay or enter and take up residence in the kingdom.
How can I stay in Thailand for a year?
Most people who come to Thailand want to extend stay. They may apply for an extension of stay for one year, but it must be for one of the following purposes: Business, Education, Marriage or Retirement. If you hold a tourist visa, you must first convert to a non-immigrant status before the long term extension of stay.
How can I get Thailand student visa?
How Can I Get a Thailand Student Visa?
- Contact the Thailand Embassy or Consulate where you will submit the visa application. …
- Make an appointment, if one is required. …
- Collect the required documents for a Thai Student Visa.
- Submit the documents and visa application. …
- Wait for the application to be processed.