Which documents are required for spouse visa in Canada?
- Passport & travel history.
- Background documentation.
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate.
- Other proof of relationship.
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances.
- Completed application & consulate fees.
What are the requirements to sponsor your spouse in Canada?
Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
What is the procedure for spouse visa in Canada?
There are 4 steps to sponsor your spouse, partner or child:
- Get the application package. You can now apply online. …
- Pay your application fees. In most cases, your fees will include: …
- Submit your application. The mailing instructions are in the application guide. …
- Send us additional information during processing.
What documents I need for spouse visa?
UK Spouse Visa Document Checklist
- UK visa application form. …
- Valid passport with at least an empty page in order to be able to affix visa.
- Your previous passports.
- Two passport-sized color photos that are in line with the requirements set by the UK.
- Proof of English language requirement.
- Proof of financial means.
Does spouse need IELTS?
IELTS is not compulsory for the person who is going as a dependent . So it’s no mandatory for spouse to give. However if spouse give ielts ( English language test) then he/she can claim the points of it if you are going by express entry program to obtain or visa but in student visa it doesn’t matter.
How much income do I need to sponsor my spouse in Canada?
Table 1 – Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
|1 person (the sponsor)||$26,426|
How long spouse visa takes?
Spouse Visa Processing Time
Visa processing usually takes around 3-5 months. If you are a permanent resident, you must wait for a visa to become available for your spouse, based on their priority date. This can vary depending on the spouse’s home country, but the typical time is around 24 months.
How much income do I need to sponsor my spouse?
The most common minimum annual income required to sponsor a spouse or family member for a green card is $21,775. This assumes that the sponsor — the U.S. citizen or current green card holder — is not in active military duty and is sponsoring only one relative.
How long does it take to bring your spouse to Canada?
The average processing time of a spousal sponsorship is approximately 12 months. However, depending on specific circumstances and regions, it may be shorter or as long as 36 months. This sponsorship can be done by a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
Does spouse need IELTS for Canada?
One of the most beneficial aspects of Canada spouse visa is that you do not need to appear for the IELTS exam as it is not required at all. There is no such eligibility criterion for spouse visa for Canada that requires you to submit IELTS score.
Is spouse visa open in Canada?
Canada is still accepting and processing spouse visa applications, however, delays should be expected. … The most important factor that determines how long the Spouse Visa application will be processed is the number of applications that Canada receives and where your sponsorship application is being processed.
Can I bring my wife to Canada on visitor visa?
Your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, if they: meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada, satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily, can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and.
How much savings do you need for spouse visa?
The requirements that an applicant must meet in order to obtain a spouse visa are set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. These rules contain a minimum income requirement of at least £18,600 or a cash savings requirement of at least £62,500 (or a combination of both).
What can be used as proof of relationship?
The best proof of relationship is a certified copy of the civil or religious birth record of the person filing for benefits showing the parents’ names. When the relationship involves a legally adopted child or the parent of a legally adopted child, the best proof is a certified copy of the decree or order of adoption.