Can Indians get green card easily?
Besides the EB1 and EB2 alternative routes, EB5, or the investor route, is also another popular option for Indians to get green cards faster. “Most of our Indian clients obtain their employment-based green cards through the EB-5 and EB-1C categories.
How long does it take to get a green card for Indian in USA?
In most cases, it takes about two years for a green card to become available, and the entire process takes around three years.
Who is eligible for green card in USA?
Family member of a lawful permanent resident, meaning you are the: Spouse of a lawful permanent resident. Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a lawful permanent resident. Unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident 21 years old or older.
How can Indian get US citizenship?
Go through the 10-step naturalization process which includes:
- Determining your eligibility to become an American citizen.
- Completing form N-400, the application for naturalization, and creating a free account to submit your form online.
- Taking the U.S. Naturalization Test and having a personal interview.
What is a green card in India?
A Green Card is known officially as a Permanent Resident Card (Reuters) 4 min read . Updated: 14 Sep 2021, 09:54 AM IST PTI. A sizable number of Indians can hope for a lawful permanent residency in America by paying a supplemental fee if a new House bill is passed into law.
How many Indians wait for green card?
There are currently over a million people from India who are stuck in an employment-based green card backlog. This backlog has created an eight-decade wait period that is projected to outlast the lifetimes of almost 200,000 applicants.
How can I settle from India to USA?
Ways to immigrate to the United States
- Green Card Lottery. Winning the US Green Card Lottery is probably the most beautiful and, with a little luck, also the easiest way into the country of your dreams. …
- Family-based immigration. …
- Employment-based immigration. …
- Immigration via investment.
What is the fastest way to get a US green card?
If you’re a close relative to a U.S. citizen or a green card holder, they can petition for you to obtain legal permanent residency. This option is the fastest and most popular path to getting a green card. U.S. citizens are permitted to petition for immediate relatives, including: Spouses.
How can parents live on green card in India?
How to Sponsor Green Card for Parents
- Step 1: File an immigration petition for beneficiary (i.e. your parents). File Form I-130 for each parent. …
- Step 2: Complete Form G-325A, Biographical Information. …
- Step 3: Complete Form I-864 Affidavit of support by sponsor (you) for your parents. …
- Step 4: Medical exam and Form I-693.
Does India allow dual citizenship?
The Constitution of India does not allow holding Indian citizenship and citizenship of a foreign country simultaneously. Based on the recommendation of the High Level committee on Indian Diaspora, the Government of India decided to grant Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) commonly known as ‘dual citizenship’.
How long is green card valid?
A Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551)
Although some Permanent Resident Cards, commonly known as Green Cards, contain no expiration date, most are valid for 10 years. If you have been granted conditional permanent resident status, the card is valid for 2 years.
Can I buy a Green Card?
If you are 100% sure that you want to move to the USA permanently to live or work, then there is nothing standing in your way – other than an investment of 900,000 US Dollars. … If you have the money to spend, then it is possible to buy a Green Card through business investments or starting a company.
Can a baby born in US get Indian citizenship?
If you are of Indian origin, but your child was born in the United States, you can obtain an Indian passport for the child. The process is simple. The child will be issued a separate passport. There is no longer a provision for the child’s name to be included in the parent’s passport.
Which country gives fastest citizenship?
5 fastest countries to get citizenship in 2021 + instant…
- Argentina. In Argentina, you could get citizenship in as short as 2 years! …
- Peru. …
- Dominican Republic. …
- Uruguay. …
- Canada. …
- Bonus countries where you can get citizenship quickly.
- Poland. …
- Cape Verde.