My trip involved travel from London to Iceland, Norway and Rome, all with very different climates to experience in April. Oh, and I flew with cabin baggage only, so lightweight but warm was essential.
The North Face Women’s Triclimate 3-in-1 Evolution II Jacket is a versatile 3-in-1 jacket, which is ideal for the changeable weather conditions that I knew I would be experiencing. With a current retail price of £165.00 the nylon outer jacket and a removable inner fleece were easy to adapt to wear the items alone or zipped together when the colder weather started to set it.
The Triclimate fleece keeps the warmth on the core of the body. It can be easily zipped in or out of the HyVent™ outer shell depending upon your needs, with the outer shell providing a water and windproof layer of protection. The HyVent™ outer layer also features underarm ventilation to encourage airflow between the layers of clothing. I found this to be a great feature when it was cold but my body temperature was rising from hiking, especially in Iceland when I had several other layers underneath.
The North Face Women’s Triclimate 3-in-1 Evolution II Jacket features:
- A versatile, adaptable clothing system to handle any weather conditions.
- Warm and lightweight Triclimate fleece – The fleece jacket zips in to add exceptional warmth, or can be worn on its own during milder weather.
- The HyVent™ fabric is highly waterproof with taped seams and a double stormflap to cover the zip and block any leaks or draughts of wind.
- There’s a large and fully adjustable hood that can be rolled into the collar when it’s not in use.
- The jacket includes zipped hand pockets in the outer jacket and hand warmer pockets in the fleece
I really liked the feminine cut of this jacket, it didn’t feel bulky at all and was easy to swap and remove the inner fleece when the weather improved. I was skeptical about the warmth that it would provide (especially as I own a down-filled North Face coat), but this didn’t disappoint at all. The jacket is available in other colours, but I loved the contrast of black and purple. The black is also each to match with just about anything else that you could wear (although unlikely to be a priority when you’re caught out in bad weather!).
Millets, part of JD Sports Fashion plc trade in 97 stores nationwide and continue to be known as the destination for camping and outdoor adventure gear on the high street.
Many thanks to Millets for the supply of The North Face Women’s Triclimate 3-in-1 Evolution II Jacket for the purposes of this review.