I was pleased to learn that I have recently been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Kay from TravellerSoul76, a self-described world traveller, serial expat, translator, ESL Teacher and photographer – quite a list I think you’ll agree! Many thanks to Kay for the nomination which I gladly accept. You can view her blog post here.
As part of the process, nominees must do the following:
1. Copy and place the award into the post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate (only) 15 bloggers for the award and tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.
So, here goes 🙂
7 Things About Me
1. I gained my confidence to swim (or at least hold my own in the water) aged 27 years old in Brazil; it’s been a long time coming and something that I hope to keep improving upon. I always found it hard to trust myself in the water and was so pleased to overcome something that has hindered previous experience of being on the water, particularly when travelling.
2. I acted as team leader in the 24 Peaks Challenge of July 2011 with a team of colleagues in support of the Seafarers Charity, where we raised over £4000. I succeeded in tackling 14 of the peaks despite a knee injury and severe weather storms but it was the greatest way of learning to take strength and motivation from those around me.
3. I believe that travel is a fantastic way to broaden the mind and a brilliant way of learning about the ever-changing world around us. Nothing else introduces us to such depths and variety in quite the same way.
4. As I’ve become older, I am keen to learn to play an instrument. Not only is a great outlet of creativity and passion but music is such a strong instrument that I would like to have an increased grasp of it.
5. My favourite seasons are spring and summer. Spring mornings are often bright and fill me with more energy to start the day and summer brings warmth; everything seems so much better with a touch of sunlight.
6. I love to bake. Whether it’s cupcakes, apple pie or banana bread (three of my favourites) I enjoy making them and witnessing food (or the smell of freshly baked cakes) bringing everybody together)
7. Finally, I’m a little bit of a workaholic. I’ve never been out of work for longer than two weeks at any time and find it incredibly hard to not.do.anything. I’m learning to slow down a bit and trying to take on less but it’s incredibly hard changing my mindset and teaching myself to occasionally say no.
I found it hard to pull together a list of just 15 bloggers to nominate for the award; the fact is that watching so many travel bloggers grow is impossible to narrow down – everybody is producing such good content and inspirational in various ways. But, the bloggers that I would like to nominate for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows (in no particular order):
- Ekua at My Layover Adventure
- Beth at Travel Go Girl
- Pola at Jetting Around
- Carolyn at Maiden-Voyage
- Vanessa at Turnipseed Travel
- Michaela at Awe Inclusive
- Nicole at Nicole Is The New Black
- Anisha at A Niche World
- Ilana at Ilana On The Road
- Tom at Archaeology Travel
- Linzi at OfficeBreaks
- April at Absolute Travel Addict
- Ana at Mrs O Around The World
- Susan at Travlin Girl
- Marcia at Inside Journeys
I’ve enjoyed reading all of these blogs recently and look forward to much more. Great work!