Expired: Win 2 tickets for an “On Location” tour of your choice!
Update: This competition is now closed. The winner has been confirmed: Zarina de Ruiter – congratulations!
I recently spent some time taking part in an ‘On Location’ tour in New York City. I’m a little bit of a T.V. buff (OK a lot!) so this was the perfect way for me to see some of the sights that are familiar from my favourite T.V. shows – Sex and the City anybody? 🙂
With that, I’m running a competition that gives you the chance to win 2 tickets to an On Location Tours tour of your choice in either Boston or New York City.
Don’t worry if you have no immediate plans to visit either city, the tour certificate never expires and the winner is free to redeem the prize at his/her convenience for any of the tours available.
New York has so much to offer for film and T.V. fans – here’s some trivia for you:
- Did you know that the first presentation of 3D films before a paying audience took place at Manhattan’s Astor Theater on June 10, 1915.
- Law & Order is the longest running drama series on primetime television. It holds the Emmy record for Outstanding Drama Series nominations and is filmed entirely in New York
- A majority of 80% Sex and the City was filmed in New York City
- Saturday Night Live has been broadcast from New York City since 1975. The show is both the highest-rated and longest-running late night show in television history
- Sopranos is the most watched original show on pay/subscription and free cable and is again based in New York.
On Location Tours will show you a new way to see the Big Apple, the most filmed city in the world. The New York City tours provide a front row seat to the best of the cities landmarks; from the Empire State Building to Times Square to Central Park to Grand Central Station. All licensed tour guides are local actors and actresses providing an insider perspective to give you a real piece of the lights, camera, action, an experience that you’ll never forget.
To enter the competition, all you need to do is sign up to follow this blog and post a comment about your favourite New York based T.V. show/ film and why.
Terms and conditions
Competition closes at 6.30pm GMT on Monday 8th April 2013. There will be one winner to be chosen at random and announced week commencing Monday 8th April 2013, all decisions are final. The selected winner must both subscribe to follow the Ad-lib Traveller blog and post a comment on this post. One entry per person; please ensure that you provide an email address (which will not be shared publicly) to stay tuned for the announcement. Winner is entitled to redeem the voucher against a tour of their choice in either Boston or New York City within 12 months of winning. The voucher bears no monetary value and is non-exchangeable/ refundable, nor eligible for resale.