I was pleased to learn that I have recently been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Kay from TravellerSoul76, a self-described world traveller, serial expat, translator, ESL Teacher and photographer – quite a list I think you’ll agree! Many thanks to Kay for the nomination which I gladly accept. You can view her blog post here.
As part of the process, nominees must do the following:
1. Copy and place the award into the post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate (only) 15 bloggers for the award and tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.
So, here goes
7 Things About Me
- I gained my confidence to swim (or at least hold my own in the water) aged 27 years old in Brazil; it’s been a long time coming and something that I hope to keep improving upon. I always found it hard to trust myself in the water and was so pleased to overcome something that has hindered previous experience of being on the water, particularly when travelling.
- I acted as team leader in the 24 Peaks Challenge of July 2011 with a team of colleagues in support of the Seafarers Charity, where we raised over £4000. I succeeded in tackling 14 of the peaks despite a knee injury and severe weather storms but it was the greatest way of learning to take strength and motivation from those around me.
- I believe that travel is a fantastic way to broaden the mind and a brilliant way of learning about the ever-changing world around us. Nothing else introduces us to such depths and variety in quite the same way.
- As I’ve become older, I am keen to learn to play an instrument. Not only is a great outlet of creativity and passion but music is such a strong instrument that I would like to have an increased grasp of it.
- My favourite seasons are spring and summer. Spring mornings are often bright and fill me with more energy to start the day and summer brings warmth; everything seems so much better with a touch of sunlight.
- I love to bake. Whether it’s cupcakes, apple pie or banana bread (three of my favourites) I enjoy making them and witnessing food (or the smell of freshly baked cakes) bringing everybody together)
- Finally, I’m a little bit of a workaholic. I’ve never been out of work for longer than two weeks at any time and find it incredibly hard to not.do.anything. I’m learning to slow down a bit and trying to take on less but it’s incredibly hard changing my mindset and teaching myself to occasionally say no.
I found it hard to pull together a list of just 15 bloggers to nominate for the award; the fact is that watching so many travel bloggers grow is impossible to narrow down – everybody is producing such good content and inspirational in various ways. But, the bloggers that I would like to nominate for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows (in no particular order):
- Ekua at My Layover Adventure
- Beth at Travel Go Girl
- Pola at Jetting Around
- Carolyn at Maiden-Voyage
- Vanessa at Turnipseed Travel
- Michaela at Awe Inclusive
- Nicole at Nicole Is The New Black
- Anisha at A Niche World
- Ilana at Ilana On The Road
- Tom at Archaeology Travel
- Linzi at OfficeBreaks
- April at Absolute Travel Addict
- Ana at Mrs O Around The World
- Susan at Travlin Girl
- Marcia at Inside Journeys
I’ve enjoyed reading all of these blogs recently and look forward to much more. Great work!