An ‘alternative’ visit to Berlin #byExpedia
Following my entry to the Berlin Bloggers’ competition by Expedia, I was thrilled to have a winning entry that gave my boyfriend and I the chance to take a five-day trip to the capital of Germany. As part of the trip, I was able to choose a hotel stay, opting for the five-star Eurostars Hotel located in the heart of Berlin with flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa.
I had proposed taking an alternative visit to the city, as whilst I love taking in the historical elements of a destination, I was particularly interested to learn about modern Berlin and the lifestyle that exists today. With that objective in mind, I set about choosing the following activities to be arranged by Expedia to contribute to our January visit to Germany’s capital city:
- Berlin Welcome Card for ease of getting around the city on public transport
- Aquadom visit to check out the sealife centre
- Berlinagenten: Gastro-Rallye Hip East – Unique Foodie Private Walking Tour in Berlin A unique way to visit multiple restaurants in a single evening with a professional guide
- Hard Rock Cafe to enjoy an American-inspired meal in Berlin
- LOFT acrobatic show an ideal way to see Canadian performers working their acrobatic magic
- Sachsenhausen – the ultimate reminder of the history from this region
- Sandeman’s New Europe Tours where we opted for the street art tour, exploring liberal Berlin
- High Flier Captive Balloon Ride (sadly the weather was too poor for us to do this on this occasion)
- Nocti Vagus for the ultimate dining in the dark experience – truly unique!
I can’t wait to update you all on our experience of each activity. We had such an enlightening visit to the city that offered so much more than we imagined. Whilst we had the activities above arranged, we were keen to do our own exploration, something that we also readily took the chance to do and again, I’ll be sharing those soon.
Have you visited Berlin? I’d love to learn about your own thoughts of the city!
Sincere thanks to Expedia UK and readers of the Ad-lib Traveller for providing this opportunity for me to visit Berlin, Germany.